This post brought to you by Clif Bar & Company. The content and opinions expressed below are that of 4-Hour Body Girl.
No Energy? No Time To Workout? You May Want To Read This…
Since having my baby, my body just isn’t the same. Heck, my life isn’t the same. Before I got pregnant, I was in tip-top shape. I felt so beautiful during my pregnancy too. I was really lucky and lost the baby weight right away, but then, as soon as I stopped breast feeding, things changed. I started feeling more drained, which I didn’t think was even possible. All of us (new) Moms know what I’m talking about right? I mean, we’re not sleeping properly, and, I think most of us are struggling to find time to eat nutritious meals in between everything else we’re doing. Right? How can we lose the baby weight and get back to feeling good if we have no energy? How can we have energy if we aren’t giving our bodies the proper fuel? Am I the only one feeling this way? If you too are feeling No Energy? No Time To Workout? You May Want To Read This…
Luckily, I came across a great nutritious solution. I’m sure you’ve already heard of them, but if you haven’t, CLIF BAR is crafted with nutritious ingredients. Now they’ve come up with these super handy, on-the-go, delicious oatmeal food packs! How great is that?
Whether you’re a busy Mom, or training for your next Iron Man Triathlon, or anything in between, these energy boosting packs are your answer. CLIF Organic Energy Food Pouches now come in 2 new flavors Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, which is my personal fave, and Banana Maple Oatmeal. What I also love about them is that they’re Organic, have no corn syrup, and are GMO-Free. If you’re a regular reader, you know how I feel about all that stuff! They are the perfect energy source for before beginning a workout session.
Since we are all about high protein/low carb here at 4 Hour Body Girl, I have to mention their CLIF Builder’s Bar as well. CLIF Builder’s is a great-tasting high-protein bar crafted to help provide nutrition for total body fitness, it is great to recover after a hard workout session.
- Offers 20g of complete protein to help build and repair muscle
- Carbohydrates to help replenish energy stores and help get you ready for your next workout
- Zero grams trans-fat, does not contain partially-hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup
- Sources ingredients that are not genetically engineered
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to support protein metabolism
So now that we have the solution to get our energy up to exercise, who has time to do that? I’ve been dropping my son off at daycare and then running around the lake near my home on the way back as quickly as possible before I start work. Okay, I’m not very fast. The lake is only 1/2 a mile around, BUT I figure it’s better than nothing right?. LOL! If I run it as fast as I can, it only takes me about 5 – 10 min. I told you I’m not very fast. Anyway, I’m into these quick effective workouts these days. I’ve filled my Pinterest board with them and created a playlist on youtube as well, but I also stumbled upon Bob Seebohar. Have you heard of him?
Bob Seebohar is a Sports Nutrition Expert, who created easy everyday workout and nutrition tips that will energize your body pre, during and post-workout. A competitive athlete for more than 30 years and is one of the top sports dietitians in the country; he may know a thing or 2.
Check out the following tips that would be super easy to incorporate into everyday life…
- Bob Seebohar workout tips:
- Carry a smaller-sized water bottle (20oz or less), and drink it! Every few hours when you get up to refill, do 10 squats at the water cooler, and another 10 before you sit down at your desk.
- Make a daily push up goal, and complete in blocks throughout the day. If your goal is 100 per day – do 25 when you wake up, 25 before lunch, 25 in the afternoon, and 25 before bed. Track them on a post it note or a smartphone so you have a visual of your accomplishment.
- To ensure you have the nutrition energy to workout, carry healthy snacks and a few CLIF Organic Energy Food Oatmeal (COEF) packets with you in your purse or gym bag. A COEF Oatmeal flavor provides pre-exercise energy to get you through a workout successfully.
- Two benefits to strength training: it doesn’t take long and it doesn’t require special equipment. Alternate body weight exercises for 15 minutes (walking lunges, chair dips and burpees) for a quick and effective workout.
- Reverse pyramid routines are a great way to build strength in a quick workout. Choose 1-2 upper body and 1-2 lower body moves for each exercise, starting with 10 reps on your right, then 10 on your left. Follow with 8 on each side, then 6, then 4 – no rest in-between. A Clif Builder’s Protein Bar is great after a workout like this as it gives you an optimal amount of carbohydrates and protein for effective recovery.
Here’s A Graphic To Make It Even Easier For You To Remember. You could Pin it for later…
I hope this makes it easier for you to get stay healthy and fit. Remember,
I always say. You may be tired, but these are easy fixes to boost your energy levels and get moving! So throw a few of these handy packs into your diaper bag wherever you go.
No Energy? No Time To Workout? No Excuses!
Have you tried any CLIF Organic Energy Food or Builder’s bars yet? Do you have any quick and easy food-on-the-go tips and quick effective workouts that you like to do? Would you agree, if we take care of ourselves and make health our first priority, it makes us better parents? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Here’s to your health, wealth, and happiness.