Who doesn’t loooooooove Chocolate! This is so cool! You can have these High Protein, Low Carb, Healthy “Brownie” Dessert Bars when you’re on your 4-hour body Diet. Yes, that is right! Do treat these the same way you would treat hummus or nuts though. Don’t go crazy with these. I suggest making them on your cheat day and then you could have one here or there throughout the following week, if you absolutely need to have something sweet.
There is no need to forgo your pencil skirt for those sweatpants when you eat these healthy little bundles of joy because these are made with fiber rich black beans, un hun, that’s what I said…Black Beans! I know it sounds kinda gross, but they are not. These are delicious, rich and chocolaty.
Using stevia instead of sugar makes these low carb so you get that natural sweetness. I have to say that I am 100% real when I say that these are the BEST LOW CARB BROWNIES I’ve ever made. If you are in need of a quick fix…MAKE.THESE. If you seriously don’t have the time, this is your answer.
Let’s say you have an event that you need to bring something…like a pot luck thingy, or even your cheat day on the sofa, bring these. No one will ever know that these are a High Protein, Low Carb, Healthy Brownie. They’ll think that they’re the real thing and then you can surprise them in the end. Just say “Surprise!” These are actually healthy and I just saved your ass! Literally! LOL!
I like to top these with raspberries but it’s not necessary. On your cheat day, you could melt some leftover chocolate chips and frost them. The raspberries make them look pretty when you bring them to a party.
These are insanely “fudgy” in texture, in the way where you might have to stop and ask yourself “Are these actually good for me?” I can say YES and they are all-around super delicious. Go ahead and indulge now.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup carob or cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1-2 tbp stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Either line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper and leave a little out on 2 sides to make it easy to lift out after they're baked, or Grease baking dish with butter or use non-stick dish.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until batter consistency.
- Pour batter into baking dish and level it out.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove by holding edges of parchment paper to lift out.
- Let cool for another 10 min. and then slice to squares on a cutting board.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days.